Articles, Blogs, Whitepapers, Webinars, and Other Resources
How to Become a Data Analyst
Data analyst takes raw data, perform statistical analysis on it, and interpret it into essential knowledge or information. This technique helps the business to grow. A data analyst must have a pro grip on subjects of mathematics and statistics. Data analysis is used in taxes, finance, census, weather, and another crucial government department.
Data analyst is someone who grabs information from various sources; that information is very messy. After finding data, he interprets patterns and trends, interpreted data then is reported back to the business team. At the last business teams and data, the analyst works together to fulfill business needs.
Data analyst transforms figures into simple English. Businesses have a bulk of ambiguous data of logistics, transportation costs, market research, and sales. The data analyst job is to extract knowledge from data and use it to maximize the business of the company.
DATA ANALYST JOB REQUIREMENTS
This paragraph will explain the job description and requirements of the Data Analyst.
- Data analysts must have the analytical skillset. He is the one who plays with many facts and figures and numbers. Data analysts should see the transparency of data and analyze it to find conclusions.
- Data Analyst manages master data, and it includes data creation, updates, and deletion.
- Data analyst is in your firm who manages users and user roles.
- If it comes to data storage of structures, data cleansing, and data mining, the data analyst has technical expertise in such fields.
- Data analysts must communicate effectively because they have to explain complex ideas to non-technical people. Hence, they must be excellent at communicating.
- Data analysts must have excellent math skills because they have to estimate numerical data in the future.
- He must be very efficient in reporting packages and data models.
- He must analyze considerable datasets in the very minimal time given
- He should write comprehensive reports.
- Data analysts must know data mining from primary and secondary sources.
- Data analyst is someone who works along with IT team members, management team members, and data scientists. They all mutually determine the goals of the company.
- Data that is given to the data analyst is very messy and unclean, he then clean and prune data.
- Data analyst always looks for better opportunities for process improvement.
- He mines raw data from two kinds of sources primary and secondary.
- Data Analyst uses statistical tools and knowledge to extract useful information from data.
- He is a mathematician and smoothly grabs trends, correlation, and patterns in complex datasets.
- Statistical Programming
- Programming Languages (R/SAS/Python)
- Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence Platforms
- Databases (SQL/Oracle)
- Database Querying Languages
- Data Mining, Data Cleaning, and Data Mugging
- Advanced Microsoft Excel
- Machine Learning and Deep Learning
- Creative and Analytical Thinking
- Strong and Effective Communication
- Data Visualization
DATA ANALYST SKILLSET
DATA ANALYST EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
Data Analyst requires a higher education degree in math, science, statistics, information technology, computer science, finance, management, and economics. Most candidates for entry-level jobs require the above study background because all of them must have excellent statistical and analytical skills in their JD. He must also join data science training and boot camps to enhance more knowledge.
For upper-level jobs, one must have a Masters's or doctorate degree in similar fields.
After completion of your education, start using your mathematics, statistics and management skill for problem-solving. Get yourself a job, work with the client and think analytically.
Course subjects like management, statistics, accounting, data mining, and organizational behavior make you a reliable data analyst person, and now you are ready for any data analyst fieldwork.
DATA ANALYST SALARY
Salary always depends on two things; skills and education. The salary of Data Analyst is $67,377 In the United States per year, according to glassdoor.com.
ADDITIONAL ANALYTICAL CERTIFICATES TO BECOME DATA ANALYST
Top Data Analyst certificates which are recognized by industry are,
Microsoft’s MCSE: Data Management and Analytics
This certification is provided by Microsoft, which mostly utilizes its own tools. It will make you efficient in the tools and solutions of Microsoft. It will provide you a lecture about Machine Learning, SQL Database Administration, Management, Development, and Business Intelligence Reporting, among other things.
EMC Data Science and Big Data Analytics Certification
EMC Data Science and Big Data Analytics Certification provide excellent data science training. It also provides open-curriculum certification and training about data analysts. This certification provides a live practice approach to the tools and methods of Data Analyst, Data Science, and Big Data.
Certified Data Management Professional (CDMP)
It is authorized by the Data Management Association International (DAMA). THE CDMP has four levels to pass; associate, practitioner, master, and fellow.
They provide you extensive experience in the management and analyst field. They also make their certification holder expert in the publisher of research, speaker workshop presenter, and others.
SAS Certified Base Programmer for SAS 9
It is a global certification program. SAS certified base programmer for SAS 9 includes credentials that are used to validate SAS skillset in Data Science, Administration, Programming, Analytics, Data Management, and Enterprise Business Intelligence. It is one of the essential credentials to consider SAS certification.
This certification test people on their ability to import and export raw data files, data transformation, data manipulation, identification of correct data, a combination of SAS datasets, syntax error, and logical error in programming.
By achieving one or more of these certificates, you can push your career to an advanced level. You can quickly master efficient techniques and algorithms for extracting information from huge databases for e.g., social networks, websites, and large repositories of the document.
Data Analyst Organization to apply for
These organizations provide opportunities to all data analysts out there. They believe in development, extended learning, and specialized education of the advanced tech era.
- International Institute for Analytics (IIA)
- International Machine Learning Society (IMLS)
- Data Management Association International (DAMA)
- Data Science Association
- Digital Analytics Association (DAA)
- Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS)
- Association for Computing Machinery’s Special Interest Group on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (SIGKDD)
Data Analyst Profession Outlook
A change is a term on which the whole IT industry sums up. Data Analysts must be prepared for sudden change, and he must work accordingly.
Technical expert uses to handle self-service business intelligence software and automation. Now their jobs are replaced by Data Analyst.
Also, statistical managers filter, clean, and convert data points that were in billions. They generate useful insight & actions by employing sophisticated modeling and predictive analytics methods. After that, they explain the purpose of creating confused laymen. In simpler words, it means data analysts perform duties of data science.
Data Analyst is a broad term because it covers other jobs of Quantitative Analysts, Market Analysts, Computer System Analyst, Operations Analysts, and other similar jobs can be found under it. Also, there is a good deal of job crossover with Business Systems Analysts, Business Intelligence Analysts, and Data Warehouse Analysts.
This blog is a brief guide for how to become a Data Analyst. Data Analyst extracts useful information from messy and raw data. It helps in maximizing your business. There are several job requirements of Data Analyst, such as analytical skills, secure communication, and mining of data from different sources.
Data Analyst must assess skillset; programming, Advanced Microsoft Excel, Machine Learning and Deep Learning, Creative, and Analytical Thinking.
Education requirement to become a data Analyst is a bachelor in math, science, statistics, information technology, computer science, finance, management, and economics.
One must also assess the following additional certificates to boast his data analyst career,
- Microsoft’s MCSE: Data Management and Analytics
- EMC Data Science and Big Data Analytics Certification
- Certified Data Management Professional (CDMP)
- SAS Certified Base Programmer for SAS 9