Articles, Blogs, Whitepapers, Webinars, and Other Resources
CompTIA Network+ Certification Study Guide
CompTIA’s Network plus certification training launches students in a network administration career be enhancing their expertise in handling fundamental network infrastructure.
CompTIA’s Network Plus Certification Course enhance the individual's skills and ability to:
- and CONFIGURE a fundamental network infrastructure.
The roadmap for CompTIA Network+ Certification Course starts with:
- Seven layered OSI Model
- OSI Data Flow and terminologies
After a foundational how-know of OSI model, the next phase starts with Communication Between seven layers of OSI as:
- TCP/IP System Interconnect Model Layers
- Open Systems Interconnect Model Comparisons
- Application Layer with Examples.
The next phase covers:
- Binary Numbers
- IPv4 Addressing
Once broader concepts are established, students move on to learn the Purpose and Properties of:
- IP Addressing
- IPv4 Bitwise Notation
- Private IPv4 Networks
- IPv6 Addressing mode
After a detailed overview of IPv6 Addressing mode, students start acknowledging the purpose of:
- Common Networking Protocols
- Installing and Configuring of Networks
DETAILED COURSE CONTENTS:
PHASE 1: Network Theory
- Network Types
- Network Standards and the OSI Model
- Data Transmission Methods
- Copper Media
- Fiber Optic Media
- Bounded Network Media Installation
- Wireless Networking
- Wireless Network Devices and Components
- Implement Wireless Technology
- Internet of Things
- Physical Network Topologies
- Logical Network Topologies
- Ethernet Networks
- Network Devices
- The TCP/IP Protocol Suite
- IPv4 Addressing
- Default IP Addressing Schemes
- Create Custom IP Addressing Scheme
- IPv6 Addressing
- Network Packet Routing
- Static and Dynamic IP Routing
- Configure IP Addresses
- Naming Services
- TCP/IP Utilities
- Common TCP/IP Protocols
- Introduction to Network Security
- Network Security Policies
- Physical Security
- Common Network Attacks
- Access Control
- Port, Service, and Protocol Security
- Wireless Network Security
- Patches and Updates
- Mitigation Techniques
- WAN Basics
- WAN Connectivity Methods
- WAN Transmission Technologies
- Virtualization Technologies
- Network Storage Technologies
- Cloud Computing
- Remote Network Architectures
- Remote Access Network Implementations
- Virtual Private Networking
- Monitor Networks
- Document the Network
- Establish Baselines
- Optimize Network Performance
- Ensure Business Continuity
- Network Troubleshooting Methodology
- Network Troubleshooting Tools
- Troubleshoot Wired Connectivity and Performance Issues
- Troubleshoot Wireless Connectivity and Performance Issues
- Troubleshoot Network Service Issues
PHASE 2: Bounded Network Media
PHASE 3: Unbounded Network Media
PHASE 4: Network Implementations
PHASE 5: TCP/IP Addressing and Data Delivery
PHASE 6: Routing and Switching
PHASE 7: TCP/IP Implementation
PHASE 8: Network Security Analysis
PHASE 9: Network Security Implementation
PHASE 10: WAN Infrastructure
PHASE 11: Cloud and Virtualization Techniques
PHASE 12: Remote Networking
PHASE 13: Network Management
PHASE 14: Troubleshooting Network Issues
At the end of this course, you will be capable of:
- Identifying fundamental theoretical concepts of network and major network communications methodologies.
- Explaining bounded and unbounded network media.
- Identifying the primary types of network implementations.
- Identifying TCP/IP addressing modes and data delivery methodologies.
- Analyzing routing and switching technologies.
- Identifying the components of a TCP/IP model.
- Analyzing and Implementing network security
- Identifying the components of a Wide Area Network (WAN)
- Describing cloud computing and virtualization
- Identifying the steps of remote network implementation.
- Managing networks
- Troubleshoot errors and network-related problems
- Network Field Technician/Engineers
- Network Administrator
- Help Desk Technician
- Network Support Specialist
- Network Analyst
WHO SHOULD EARN THIS CERTIFICATION:
ADVANTAGES OF COMPTIA NETWORK PLUS CERTIFICATION:
CompTIA Network Plus Certification is an internationally recognized professional course. When it comes to network-related job roles, the CompTIA Network+ is state of the art certification in this domain. CompTIA is considered one of the best certifications for the experts serving the IT industry and is famous for offering vendor-neutral professional certification in around 120 countries. With a CompTIA Network plus certification, you become eligible to win several network administrator positions in any reputable facility.
Apart from an attractive salary, a CompTIA Network+ certification offers several benefits to the individuals. To study and successfully crack the CompTIA Network+ exam, the following steps are helpful.
HOW TO PREPARE AND CRACK EXAM:
CompTIA Network+ exam is relatively easier to pass as compared to other certification exams that haunt the beginners. That's why you can crack it in the first attempt. A minimum of 1-year experience in networking is recommended for a candidate who is willing to appear in this exam. If you are above average student and have sound research skills, you can crack it by attending online CompTIA network+ training programs, easily available. To crack the CompTIA Network+ exam, you need to acquire a rich knowledge of networking technologies. Below are the steps recommended for beginners to assure success:
STEP 1: Time Management
Managing time while solving the performance-based questions is crucial for success in the CompTIA Network Plus Certification exam. Performance-based questions are based on problem-solving and critical thinking abilities. Identify the problem before jumping directly to solve it in a hurry. Try to solve problems that you think you can solve easily and leave the puzzling one for the end. Don't waste too much time over one tricky question, putting others in a vulnerable condition of being missed due to time shortage.
STEP 2: Identifying Hints
Learn to identify hints in the form of keywords or key phrases within a question. Pay extra attention to capitalized words or sentences as they are written in bold for some latent reasons. If you are facing trouble in answering a specific problem, then mold your plan of solving following the key phrases and capitalized words or sentences.
STEP 3: Deduction and Elimination
While solving multiple-choice questions, sometimes the right answer can be guessed after knowing the wrong answers and eliminating them based on obvious absurdness and ridiculousness. Among four choices, if you can't guess the right answer, you can eliminate the wrong ones based on their irrelative nature. There is no negative marking in CompTIA Network+ exam, so it's better to mark something rather than nothing.
STEP 4: Learn from Questions
Sometimes the answer to a previously asked question may repeat itself somehow in the form of the question asked later, or vice versa. If a hint is obvious from a new question that can give you an idea of how to solve the old one, revisit the leftover that you had not attempted for the first time.
RECOMMENDED VIDEO TUTORIALS:
- Kevin Wallace’s CompTIA Network+
- Mike Meyers Network+ Certification
You can easily buy these books from Amazon.
- Todd Lammle’s CompTIA Network+ Deluxe Study Guide
- Mike Meyers’ CompTIA Network+ Certification Passport.
After preparing theoretical aspects of the course, the next step for you is to get hands-on experience with a lab environment. Cybrary’s Insider Pro subscription contains all sorts of cybersecurity stuff. It also includes a batch of labs rich in CompTIA Network+ certification course material. The simulations they provide can let you save a lot of money that you otherwise might spend on equipment.
This course is engineered for entry-level network support and administration experts with a fundamental knowledge of network components, including both hardware and software, who are willing to enhance their expertise and understanding of broad networking concepts and enrich their skill set for a successful launch in the career of network administration.
An average student willing to crack CompTIA Network+ exam should have a minimum of 1 year of professional IT support experience. Having CompTIA A+ certification or relevant knowledge is also helpful in the preparation process but not mandatory